My SO left me yesterday........

we hit some hard times and we are living with my mother right now. my SO works ALL the time and yet we have money problems?! my SO just got a car on Thursday and he just happened to have to work out of town Friday night. he came home saturday night and moved all of his stuff out yesterday. I have had suspissions of him cheating on me for a while now because the last time he got a car, he went "out of town" for work and he didnt come back. this time just happened to be the same place he went last time. He came over last night at 1am to see me and ended up staying the night. and this morning he left really early. he hasnt come back all day and wont answer my calls. he text me and said I was being a b@tch this morning and he wants to come back but not tonight. Is he just taking "FULL" advantage of his time away from me ? should I even let him come back? does it seem like he is cheating?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 4:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes I believe he's cheating and no you should not let him come back. He must think he can walk all over you...leave town, come back, ignore you, then be with you when he feels like it or wants something. That's not a relationship at all. He's using you and you need to find someone better who won't treat you like a doormat. You deserve better than this jerk!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I really don't think you should let him, and yes it does seem like he's cheating.
    SydneysMommy85

Answer by SydneysMommy85 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Although it may be hard to be without him, I wouldn't let him come back. You deserve to be respected. Not answering your calls and saying you're being a bit** is not showing you any respect. If you suspect him of cheating, I would either make him prove he isn't or he would be finding somewhere else to live if he was my dh.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• This is a very difficult situation to be trying to give advice about. I do think that if he does come back, you two should get some couples therapy. It sounds like there are some issues that need to be worked out, and sometimes only a professional can help. I know this may not be helpful, but it is the only thing I thought would help.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 4:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You deserve better. Let him go
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Whether or not this is cheating is based on the agreement that the two of you had. With a marriage license, you have left yourself incredibly vulnerable. Ask him to go to couples counseling with you.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think if you love someone,you should fight for them. If he is cheating, find out why. The sad fact is, most people, including women, will end up cheating. Figure out what's wrong in your relationship and fix it. It takes two..... my husband and I separated last summer and he ended up cheating. It IS difficult to deal with, but ANY relationship will come with problems. If you find out he is cheating, tell him you need time away from him. That you love him, but aren't ready to be with him because of how hurt you are by his betrayal. I think giving up on him completely is a big mistake.... it's too soon for that. EVERYONE makes mistakes.
    Nadia85

Answer by Nadia85 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• we are not married
    Alysia_Moore

Comment by Alysia_Moore (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Nadia85, he has left me a total of 6 times in the two years we have been together. 2 times I was pregnant and once right after I had our son. all times for different women.
    Alysia_Moore

Comment by Alysia_Moore (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Okay... did not know that. I wouldn't take him back. He sounds like a habitual cheater and those men rarely change. I'm really sorry, I know you must be realy hurting. When my husband left me, I was a wreck. When I found out he was cheating, I felt like someone knocked the wind out of me. Just remember that HE is the one with problem, not you. He will screw up with every woman he is with... you move on and find a man that won't will make you smile instead of cry.
    Nadia85

Answer by Nadia85 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010