• In the Spotlight:

Can anyone give me information about gout????

I had blood work done, found out uric acid levels in my blood are high. Need information on what is the best way to treat, control and maintain this. Also need any info you can give to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Health

• Drink less wine and eat less meat. I'm sure there's more out there that you can do, but not off the top of my head. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• What did your doctor who diagnosed you say?

Here is a link to WebMd about Gout.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/gout-topic-overview
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Also, hubby had it years ago and after he got rid of it, he never had it again. He just followed his doctor's orders. He said it was painful. But eat less red meat would be a good start.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Diet can make a difference.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My DH has been dealing with gout for a long time, and he's on allopurinol, colchicine, to help control his uric acid levels and I am working on helping him change his diet~ less red meat, no mushrooms, gravies, etc. He's also been advised to try eating cherries or drinking cherry juice. He also has increased his water intake. Good luck,Sweetie!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My boyfriend has it and he eats cherries when he gets it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010