my baby is 7 months old and i dont have a problem with her sleeping on her stomach but she sleeps with her face down like in the mattress and it scares me does anyone else have this problem and what can i do?

kimmie2116

Asked by kimmie2116 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That would scare me too. Is your baby too big for one of those position pads at the baby stores? Have you asked your Dr about it? They might have suggestions.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• the doctor said to leave her however she turns and not to use one of those pads when she starts to roll on her on. idk it just really gets to me. i am always waking up checking on her
    kimmie2116

Comment by kimmie2116 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I had a pad that looked like a triangle and it slipped alot. So I just rolled a bath flannel blankie in a sausage roll , and pushed it in her back to where the baby was just tipped on the slant a bit like into the rolled blanket. on her side. Don't know how else to say it.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I used those triangle pillows and they worked for me. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My dd used to do that. Just her head slightly so she is not completely face down
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 6:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• if your baby turns on her own she should be just fine sleeping bc she would turn her head on her own if she wasn't getting enough air, but to be safe i would adjust her head to the side after she's asleep.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2010