How to make a jr loft bed..

Is it super hard to make a bed? Dh is looking to do this for our dd and was wondering..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I nor my husband have ever made a loft bed, however, I don't think it would be too hard as long as you had some basic instructions and a basic knowledge of working with wood and tools. Here is an article that has some tips to think about before doing this- http://www.ehow.com/how_4713188_childrens-loft-beds.html. Good luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• DIY network may have some ideas. Another website is Howto.com
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We made a loft (reading nook) in our basement that doubles as an emergency exit since it's located near a window, and basically my husband followed the plans for building a small deck.

The finished size is 4 feet by 6 feet. He used six, 60 inch, 4 x 4's as supports, 8, 2 x 8 "cross bars" (4 feet long) on the underside, and several thick pieces of plywood screwed together for the. Then to dress it up, he glued and used finishing nails to attach some decorative moulding to the supports and visible edges. With the leftover lumber he made a simple access ladder and safety rail.

Then I painted it navy blue, and bought a duvet cover for an old twin mattress we had, and I recovered some old toss pillows, and they LOVE it!

Of course, you can make the loft bigger and higher, if space permits.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010