first birthday ideas

I already have Mickey Mouse balloons but I'm exploring all my options.
I have twin boys, their birthday is September 14th.

ideas? tips? advice? good websites?

thanks :)

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i did a mix between blue 1st birthday decorations, and yo gabba gabba decorations. and i had a spongebob pinata... for my sons 1st birthday.
    i ordered the yo gabba gabba stuff off the internet, got the other stuff at party city.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well u already picked a theme. i was going to say go to the pbs site and to the bday section. i did a curiose george theme for my daughters 2nd bday. had recipes for food and punch, cake idea, printable invites, coloring pages, party hats table decorations. all for free. except the paper and ink of course. maybe disney has somerhing.... ohh and cupcakes. i made it a tradition to make a cake and cupcakes. one cupcake decorated real special w a candle so the kid didnt spit all over the cake that everyone was going to eat. then also its a good amount of sweets for the kid
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• We did the small scale b/c of being 1st. We did not want overwhelm him. lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well we did Thomas the Tank Engine for DS 1st birthday because Thomas has a one on his side and all little boys like trains and a train theme is easily available.
    jrp0606

Answer by jrp0606 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• We had a party outside with a blow up bouncer for my twin girls 1st bithday. We took the highchairs outside and each had an individual Pooh cake. It was a blast.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• We did a carnival theme for my son's first birthday which was just a few weeks ago. It was so much fun. I rented a popcorn machine and sno-cone machine and played carnival-themed games. And I found popcorn themed goodie bags for the kids to take home.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 10:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sesame Street
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010