• In the Spotlight:

Are you okay with this? How do you feel about a faith that practices this? DISTURBING CONTENT adult content

Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine or read the article about the plight of Afghan women?

I couldn't help it, I cried my eyes out.

IMO, it doesn't matter if it happens in another country where religion and the law go hand and hand. What matters is this behavior is completely unacceptable in today's world. What matters is the faith that practices this type of behavior is growing in the world. I simply find that shocking..the people of the world would accept this.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2007269,00.html

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 5:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you, I work in a place that I handle TIme magazines and I could barely deal with it all day. It was horrific for this young beautiful woman.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• And in you post you said "A Faith that practices this," which is saying it is something that all Muslims believe and part of their religion. Which IT IS NOT. Otherwise I could as easily compare you to those idiots at Westboro.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• What?!!! Do you honestly believe there are NO Christian groups that have issues with extremism? There is a church in Gainsville FL burning the Quran. Shall I bring up Westboro Baptist or how about the kKK? You can sit there and say they are not Christian because of their extreme actions. EVERY group has extremist.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You are speaking of the Taliban here. They are the ones that did this, and it is horrible. Once again, though, you are talking about terrorists (in this case a political party) and not a religion.

They also castrate the women at birth because women are used only for reproduction and men are used for pleasure
    _____________________________________________________
    This is not a Muslim practice, it is a tribal practice. It should be made illegal. But once again, it is not religion. Muslims are against any altering of the human body, and your assertion that women are used for reproduction is not a Muslim value, the pleasure of the woman during sex (married sex) is considered her right and and a gift.

Quit spreading lies
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I feel these women with their very sad stories are being use by us to creates rage and sadness to keep us fighting the Taliban(?) The support for the war is dying.

Us being there will not change anything for these women, Only they can change it if they do not like it!

gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You just made yourself look really silly for believing that nonsense.

To bad it is factually accurate.

The list is a lot longer than this. I just posted the top populations. Many countries have a small Muslim population without problems. My point was the progression to what you have in the top populated countries is historically accurate. We have read and seen for many years the atrocities that go on in these countries. If you haven't then you are blind.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• There are many places that think the death penalty is barberic, How would YOU feel if they invaded us because of it?

They need to start their own revolution, we cannot give THEM what we have, it has to be what THEY want....We went through this in our country , they need to do it for themselves...its the only way it will last

religion is being used by brutal people, it isn;t teh religion that is doing it....as always its  PEOPLE using religion to force a certain lifestyle in the people

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Some of you accused me of thinking all Muslims are evil
    _______________________
    Then why did you post this in your OP
    "How do you feel about a faith that practices this?"
    Instead of something like
    "How do you feel about a family that abused this woman so badly?"

YOU brought up the faith, you didn't differentiate these abusers from everyday Muslims.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yeah they're sick and twisted. They also castrate the women at birth because women are used only for reproduction and men are used for pleasure. Hopefully this will give their "faith" a wake up call.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Please do not condemn all Muslims based on the actions of the extremist Taliban group. It is horrible what was done to this young woman, and the people who did it should be condemned, but it was extremists who did it, not your average Muslims. These wretched Taliban are no differnt than white supremist "Christians" who would rid the world of Jews, African Americans & anybody eles that does not agree with their views. There are extremists in every faith, not just Islam!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010