What helped you cope with divorce and move on?

Did you find someone else? Did you ever get remarried? If you had a kid/kids, how did you explain it to them? How old were they?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Counselling and lots of it. My family and friends had absolutely no idea what I was going through. No one else around me had ever gone through any of the stuff I went and was going through. I found someone and remarried (but I was never really looking), the younger kids know no difference and the older know what they lived through all kinds of hard times, ups and downs.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I dealt with it because my ex was an abusive ass.

My son was 4 and I just told him that mommy and daddy loved him, but we didn't love each other any more.

Yes, I remarried. Three and a half years later.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Friends, family, counseling, getting involved with clubs, churches, and try your best in getting involve with life. My parents got divorce when I was 5 and now I'm 44 yrs old. My mother never got remarried and still talks negative about my dad. My dad got remarried to a woman that lets him do what he wants. I have been married for 25 yrs but living with divorce parents one parent got on with life and the other one didn't and boy you can tell...........
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 6:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Time
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My first marriage ended after 3 yrs. he was a drunk & fooled around. We had a 3yr.old & I was pregnant. I moved away as he said he never wanted to see the children again & he didn't do a very good job keeping up with child support. I got a job to support them. 3 yrs. later I met someone & we were married. It lasted 17 yrs. He was very abusive physically & emotionally. We had 5 children,the youngest was 7 when I decided i had had enough of him & left. I found a job in another state bought a mobile home & we all settled down for what I thought would be the rest of my life. We were happy to be away from the brute. Then out of the blue came the man of my dreams. we fell in love & were married. He loved my kids like his own & they loved him. We were married 36 wonderful yrs. until his God called him home. I never had to tell my children any thing about why we were divorcing. They saw it all & understood.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Joined a dating service - I have no intention of remarrying - kids are grown.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010