So a Florida church wants to have a "Burn a Qur'an" day celebration...

to "remember" 9/11 victims.

I don't even think I need to ask if this is justified, considering every one should have a good working knowledge on the bloodshed the Bible has inspired. Maybe some Bibles need to be burned in rememberance of Native Americans, Africans, South Americans and anywhere else Christians have used the Bible for the good of evil. What are your thoughts?

aluvk4evr

Asked by aluvk4evr at 6:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's wrong to burn ANY sacred text. If they were really Christians, they wouldn't even think to do such a thing. This is old news btw...
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Never surprising what ignorant people will do in the name of religion.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• 5 questions down.....
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well geez, I looked it up and didn't see anyone had posted already. I can't be on here all day to see if something will be old news. I learned about it today.
    aluvk4evr

Comment by aluvk4evr (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Maybe some Bibles need to be burned in rememberance of Native Americans, etc-

so one wrong action deserves another wrong action? kind of a 'i hit you because you hit me!'?
    thank you, but as a native american, i'd rather no one's holy text be burned on my behalf.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Maybe we should burn some bibles just become some stupid radical Christians think its ok to shoot doctors who perform abortions. Why anyone could align themselves with these churches and organizations which spew such hate and yet still call themselves a Christian and thus living in the example of Christ is just incomprehensible.
    VoodooBetty

Answer by VoodooBetty at 6:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Oh, I wouldn't stoop to their level nor do I think anyone should, but it shows how far people process bad ideas. I bet they didn't stop to think about how their Bible has been misused. Bet hey, it's just one dumb ass church, in the south, out of thousands who practice a much tolerant aspect. I'm sure they'll feel stupid once it's over.
    aluvk4evr

Comment by aluvk4evr (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i wouldn't be surprised if this inspires other's to hate everyone, obviously burning their sacred texts will show them the errors of their ways and make them converts...idiots!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I personally have a problem burning BOOKS period. I think that one of the most idiotic and disrespectful things you can do is burn a book, especially a religious text. What good does it really do to burn a religious text to "remember" victims of a tragedy? It helps no one.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• They are going to burn a book because it might have caused 9/11 this is rediculous in a country where people come to be free in a country that was supposed to stop this kind of persecution this sounds very right to the people doing it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2010