Is there....

anything that could happen in life that would suddenly make you NOT believe in God (if you do now)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I'm sure there are things that could happen that might make me angry with God. However, I don't think that if you truly, wholeheartedly believe in God, that you could just suddenly "not believe". There are things that happen in my daily life that are more than enough proof that he is there.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• if my child died.......... my grandmother did that after her child died at 6 weeks but it was like 30 something years ago but she died of sids and it really took a toll on her and her belief in god and she threw her bible out in the back yard for 6 months and nothing happened to it even with rain it stayed the same! but she realized that it wasnt gods fault it was just something that happened!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Never...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• no
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Nope :) I agree with DusterMommy. I think there could be things (and have been already) that would challenge my faith but never eliminate it. Most things strengthen my faith. Some things have challenged my faith in other believers but not God himself.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• no! faith can be tested in a number of ways. i might get very angry and curse the lord and maybe hate him for awhile if anything ever happened to any of my precious children but i would also pray that he give me peace and comfort for my loss in the very same breath. knowing that he understand the pain i'm going through and provide me with more then i asked cause i still had faith in him. he is who i am. he has already save me several times and always will.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If I die and find out i was wrong. Otherwise, no.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 12:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• ABSOLUTELY NO!!!!!! God has promised that we will have things in store for us. I can't wait, he'll judge us, but we must be ready for that at all times! God is love and love is God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2008