Foodstamp question--ppl only respond if they have foodstamps

My letter in the mail said I was supposed to receive food stamps the first of this month because I am on maternity leave and neither of us are working. Anyway went to check the balance at 12 at night on the first and nothing yet... I didn't check again today though but it is supposed to be at midnight usually... any one else had this problem? Can't call until tomorrow though if it doesn't show up at all today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• IDK what state you are in but in Michigan if it's not on by midnight than something is wrong. Call first thing in the morning and be persistant.

Also in Michigan it goes by the last number of your case number as to when you get the food money on the card, even if the letter says 8/1/10 - Ongoing. Like mine don't go on until the 9th, but that's for 8/1/10- Ongoing. So maybe that's the problem.

Good Luck, hon. If you have any questions just PM and I'll answer the best I can.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• it means your eligibility begins on the 1st of the month...you dont actually get your money until midnight the day of the last digit of the main social security number on the case...for example, the last digit of my social (main one on the case) is 9 and i get my money placed on my card at midnight on the 9th of each month
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I get mine on the 9th as well. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Mine was on the 6th I think they go by last name here. But my food stamps weren't put on till 5 am not midnight. Good luck.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I live in california and it goes by your case number. What ever that last number is in your case numberthats the day you get them. sometimes nime dont go onthe card right at midnight either.
    josephsgirl86

Answer by josephsgirl86 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It took 30 days before I recieved mine. In Wisconsin it depends on the last 2 digits of your ss#. I recieve food stamps on the 2nd of each month.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i think i get mine on the 5th or 6th but the way they do it where i live in GA is they go by the last number of your casenumber.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 2, 2010