• In the Spotlight:

Why is sharing a toothbrush w/ your dh or SO disgusting when you kiss them full on mouth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I wouldn't do it all the time but sometimes if I forget mine then I borrow his I mean it really isn't that bad but I prefer my own.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 10:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I don't really know...I just prefer my own. Is that so bad?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I used to be grossed out by sharing tooth brushes, but other grosser things happen. . ....
    Plus, his is medium and l like extra soft. I'm a sensitive gal.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i use mine but if his is around and mine isn't i use his. i wouldn't care if i used his every time so i guess i'm with you but i like the feel of mine plus it's pink. my favorite color.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I've done it once or twice, but it could open you up for cavities or infections. If you're going to do it, you're supposed to clean it with listerine or boil it. When you're kissing someone, you don't get all the bacteria that are attatched to their teeth in your mouth, but you do when using their toothbrush. The bacteria that cause cavities are contagious, so that can transfer, as well as the bacteria that causes periodontal desease. I wouldn't call you nasty for sharing a toothbrush, but hygenically it really just not safe to do it all the time. Once in a great while, like if you're at his house and forgot yours, it should be ok, just dip it in some listerine!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Excellent question, but for me it just is.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My husband and I have a really nice and expensive electric toothbrush that we share...but after we use it we both clean the brush off really well so the next person doesn't get grossed out...I dont know, I dont think it's a big deal really. It's not like he has anything in mouth that would bother me...maybe food but oh well...I deal with it. lol, besides we are too cheap to buy another electric toothbrush.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I don't mind swapping spit when kissing, but the idea of putting his plaque - or anyone else's for that matter - in my mouth all over my teeth is gross!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i never really messed with a tooth brush before my husband im very good at losing little things and i would always end up with a new one after a month or two so in my opinion its just easier to share lol.
    Anonymous

• It just is. You use your tootherbrush to get plaque and germs out of your mouth. Hopefully when you kiss your SO they have brushed. For me I just need my own. Tooth brushes have so many tiny crevises it is hard to tell what is left in there when your done brushing.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2008