Teachers waht is your teaching philosophy and goals?

just wondering what teachers philosophy and goals are these days?

bmwlover

Asked by bmwlover at 10:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• I think my biggest goal is to give all students the attention they need to really understand the concepts you are teaching. I think a lot of times if the majority of kids are getting something, the teacher brushes by students that need extra attention and it just pushes these kids further behind. I also try to show students "real world" applications for whatever I'm teaching to get them thinking about how it will really benefit them to know the material rather than leaving them thinking "where will I EVER use this"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• As a home educator--my main goal was to educate my kids and not just school them. They all have a great grasp of history and how it was all related--religion, economics, geography, discoveries, and such. They all amaze me on their grasp of politics because they know so much history. Another goal was to raise readers--got that done. They also learned critical thinking in areas of logic, politics, relationships, and real life:-) The bottom line for any type of education should to be to raise life long learners--the ability to learn on their own. I know many would not consider me a "real teacher" but my kids most certainly do and the people that know my kids comment on it a lot---even their friends;-)

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2008