My husband is home from work and acting different, how do I ask him what exactly is making him talk and act different?

I suspect he has either been drinking or high. How is a nonthreatening way I can ask what is he on? He may just be tired and happy to be home, his eyes are not red but he is over bubbly and a hint of speech slurring. I have a hard time communicating because I do not want to be a nag and I do overreact at times.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• does he have history of drugs or drinking??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• just be straight-up and ask him, 'are you high? have you been drinking?'. you'll be able to tell more from his response.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• When you feel comfortable asking him and you feel safe about it Talk to your husband. However, speech slurring. Did he go to the bar after work? How does he act after he drinks? The only way to find out what is going on is to ask. But do it when you think it's the right time but don't wait to long He "might" forget......
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 6:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• What about making a slight joke out of it, as in ' Hey babe, love your positive vibe! Mind sharin what your smokin?' Kiss him and see where it takes ya.
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 6:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i would just ask him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• my best advice is just to ask him stright up dont beat around the bush or try to cover it up just ask him but be nice about it, it might be something serious.
    kimmie2116

Answer by kimmie2116 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree with making a joke, like "whatever you are on give me some."
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 6:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Buy a hair test

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• What are you going to do when you find out? Has this ever happened before? Maybe he stopped off with the guys after work for a couple of beers. As long as he is happy & doesn't want to argue or fight I'd let it go; If it becomes a habit then you can try to get to the bottom of it.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Make it funny.. tell you wanna smoke or drink whatever he is so you can catch up with him... Instead of seeming to be too nosey and possibly too mean.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010