Computer Operating System.....

I had a laptop that operated under Windows Vista. Well it died on me. Then a family member gave me a older computer they had sitting around. It was built in 2002, and operates under Windows XP. So, I was wondering- Can I take my old Windows Vista back up disks that came with my laptop and install them on the Windows XP desktop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, you cannot. An XP machine doesn't have the power to run Vista. My XP machine built in 2002 had it power supply fry this past week and I removed the hard drive to see if my old Compaq 98se machine would boot up on it and it would not. I saved my hard drive though, if I get a new system, I can put this hard drive in and recover my files. Thats all you can do. The recovery disks are useless, but save your old hard drive if you want the files. I actually took an old desktop computer from 2001 that was running ME and dump the Windows out of it and installed Linux Mint and now it runs like Vista! :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Back up discs are only good for the computer it came with..as far as I know.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You can purchase a new operating system I did this for my husbands computer. It was about 50 bucks.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• thats reverse technology,so no.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010