Do you - as an adult - "cuss" in front of your parents? What about grandparents?

I was just reading the answers to another question and was surprised how many women said they didn't... What about you?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All my grandparents are in heaven now...but when they were here on earth I would Never have cursed in front of them.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Absolutely NOT!!!!
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 7:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• nope my grand parents are in heaven, and i would never cuss in front of my parents! Maybe its just me but i find it really disrespectful!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I only have one grandparent left and just one parent... Both of them could make a sailor blush when they are pissed! lol... Cussing was discouraged, but by the time we were teens it wasn't a big deal... Since I was about 12 or 13 "cussing" wasn't something I ever really didn't do in front of them - which is funny cause with as sheltered as they tried to keep us, you would think it would have been a bigger deal. But, yeah, sure, I cuss in front of both of them, I've never understood the big deal about it...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Nope I would be totally embarrassed! I did however let one slip when my Dr stripped my membranes....my mother was in the room, it hurt so bad that I didnt feel bad about that one though :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• All grandparents have passed, but NO WAY do I swear in front of parents. I may be 36, but she's still crack me a good one upside the head if I cursed in front of my mom!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• my grandparents are all in heaven too..when they were around i was to young, so no..i didnt....
    but i do around my parents..not much,,but i do..only thing i wont say around my parents is 'oh my god'..i was always tought that was worse than swearing..however, i do say it, just not around them
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I never had grandparents but I live with my mother right now (hard times) and I cuss in front of her all the time and she does in front of me. I was raised in a house where you speak your mind and say what you want. I will admit, I did not swear in front of my mother until I was 18 because by then I wasnt scared of her slapping me across the face lol but she cussed in front of me all the time. but we are not vulgar about it, we say it every now and then in a normal conversation and ALOT when we are pissed lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 7:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I haven't had grandparents since I was 6. My mother taught me the most colorful language! Cussing is my stress relief! :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No, and not in front of my grandkids either, although...I do sometimes swear in front of my adult kids...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2010