curious

My 12 yr old son just finished reading the Bible. I am not a religious person so i'm not sure how to answer this question. If one being can not create one self and God is an ultimate being who created God since he couldn't create himself? Any help ladies would be greatly appreciated.

zadesmom1998

Asked by zadesmom1998 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know. Maybe I'll find out one day when I meet God, it's one of the first questions I'm going to ask.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Okay, this actually does have an answer, it's just really long and scientific. I believe that if something is true, there is a way to know the answer. I'm the type of person that has to know why!! Anyway, if you know anything about quantum physics, or even just Einstein's theories, you would know that outside of our universe, time as we know it doesn't exist. As a matter of fact, he and other scientists say that time doesn't exist at all. Time doesn't pass, WE pass. Anyway, then it goes on to say that if you were able to go the speed of light, you would be able to travel through time, or exist without time. (If you really want to understand it's worth it to research). Well, the Bible says that God is Light. That kinda helps to understand how He can be outside of Time, and how He could have always been around. It's very very hard to wrap your mind around, but if you do enough studying it's possible to understand.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 9:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• That is an age old question that really can not be answered b/c we are human and dont know everything. Surprise...we dont know everything...lol.

That is where FAITH comes in, something you dont really grasp all the way b/c its bigger than you are, but you have faith in God enough to know he is good and right and you will know the answer one day in heaven...should he choose to allow you to know it.

If he keeps having questions, I may let him find a cool youth group where the youth pastor is skilled at answering things like this. :) Good luck :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• All you're going to get is 'he was always there'- which answers nothing.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• my belief is God was kinda like a king. i just believe this one person (god) thought he was above everyone else and wanted to be leader so this is how he came about. As for people (including god) we are made of many different molecules..none of which are man made, i don't know how they got here..have'nt really thought about too much but i don't believe it was by some "God"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• This is a question I have asked over and over again, and the only question I have ever gotten was "He's always been there"

I'm not Christian, and don't believe that God is "almighty" or that there is only one... However, since none of us were there, no one really knows who created the Gods. I believe there is a "Great God & Goddess" who "parented" the other Gods, but that even lends the question - Well, who created the Great God & Goddess... Fact is, we don't know and we can't know. Unfortunately, this is one of those questions we will never have a real answer to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i would just be completely honest and tell him you don't know how to answer that question since the bible really isn't your thing and it doesn't make any sense to you either... ask him HIS ideas... religion should be something he is able to relate to if he is going to follow it - he's going to need to learn how to discern truth for himself and decide what he can accept or not. otherwise he runs the risk of being told what to believe when he doesn't really feel it deep down - that can get really weird.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yep. All you are going to get is "he was always there." Even if you were to ask a minster the answer will be the same.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• OK the correct Christian answer would be he was always there.
    However I am not a correct Christian. I honestly don't believe he was or is the only god, I just believe he is the one true god, or the god of truth. The bible itself backs up he is not the only god. The best guess answer to this comes actually from Greek mythology. Which is it came out of a void. However scientifically there would have to be more, and that best guess is a Asteroid. Well if you take earth creation, maybe god was created that way. In psychology most species create things in the manner of which the were created. So maybe god was created be an asteroid, or popped out of a void. Or my dh explanation for if their is a god, He is a left behind alien. Honestly though. There is not an answer for this question that can be proven or is explained by a religion. Shoot some believe all gods were once man, but than how was that man created?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• So this is a question that can go around in circles and circles, until your back at the start. This part was even left out of the bible.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2010