Who has a recipe for stuffed cabbage?

We had it today at this little Polish restaurant and I'd really like to learn how to make it.
Thanks!

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 7:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• like cabbage rolls?
    when i make them i mix together ground beef, chopped onions and uncooked rice.
    take a head of cabbage and drop it into boiling water just enough to soften the leaves. take a cabbage leaf, a couple spoons of the meat filling, roll the leaf up and secure with a toothpick.
    put cabbage rolls in a roasting pan and top with a can of tomato soup... bake at 350 for about an hour
    (oh if there's extra cabbage i usually just chop it up and put it in the bottom of the roaster)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 7:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• This is the only way that I will eat cooked cabbage: Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage Rolls

1TB packed brown sugar
    1 large head green cabbage
    1 can (15 oz.) black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or 1.5 cups home cooked)
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3-1/2 cups marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce (jarred or home cooked)
    1/3 cup raisins
    3 TB lemon juice
    Remove 8 large outer leaves from head of cabbage. In a Dutch oven cook cabbage leaves in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes or just until leaves are limp. Drain cabbage leaves. Trim the thick rib in center of each leaf. Set leaves aside. Shred 4 cups of the remaining cabbage; place shredded cabbage in a 3-1/2 to 6 quart crock pot. In medium bowl combine beans, cooked rice, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce.

c

Answer by rkoloms at 7:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Divide bean mixture evenly among the 8 cabbage leaves, using about 1/3 cup per leaf. Fold sides of leaf over filling and roll up. Repeat with remaining cabbage rolls Combine remaining marinara sauce, raisins, lemon juice, and brown sugar. Pour about half of the sauce mixture over shredded cabbage in cooker. Stir to mix. Place cabbage rolls atop shredded cabbage. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. Carefully remove the cooked cabbage rolls and serve with the shredded cabbage.

• Thanks but I'm looking specifically for Polish Stuffed Cabbage.
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It's been a while since I have had stuffed cabbage. I don't have any recipes but here is a few from allrecipes.com. I think I might try one of them this week.

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=stuffed%20cabbage

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2010