This question is for my friend.

Her son is 2 months old... He acts like he is so tired... He never sleeps... he sleeps for maybe 20 minutes during the day, and then for a few hours at night... He is very fussy, crys for hours on end... She doesn't know what to do to calm him down... or help.

She doesn't have internet or cafe mom so I told her I'd ask so I can give her some help.

K-RydesMommy

Asked by K-RydesMommy at 7:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try baby massage, it really helps calm a fussy baby and I must say it help me calm down when my son was fussy.

MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 8:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Does he have colic?? You know she can call her pediatrician for an opinion. That's what they are there for. Is she breastfeeding or formula feeding?? Perhaps his formula upsets his tummy or something she's eating is upsetting his tummy. How are his diapers?? Normal?? Has he he a BM recently?? Not enough info. to go off of. Call the doctor he/she can answer any questions she has.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Alright. I'll pass that on to her... Anything at this point would really help her... Her son has been that like since the day he came home from the hospital... and her son's father isn't around right now due to work so she is alone all the time...
    K-RydesMommy

Comment by K-RydesMommy (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It sounds to me as though it might possibly be acid reflux, she needs to consult her doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 8:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Does she have a sling or other baby carrier? Many infants are only calm when they are worn.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• She says she has called the pediatrician and they didn't really say anything... I didn't really know what to put in the post... He is a breastfeed and formula baby... She does both... When she first started breastfeed he seemed that he wasn't getting what he needed from her milk so the hospital here gave her formula to see how he'd do... Diapers: He has the normal wet diapers, but for number 2 he doesn't have alot...
    K-RydesMommy

Comment by K-RydesMommy (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• She should ask pediatrician again and be very specific telling him/her what is happening. Have her make a list , if need be, so she can remember everything when she calls. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Thank you! I've never been telling her for awhile now that she needs to take him in and she has...... I was hoping that people on here would say she had to take him in.... so, she would really know that is very important to take him in...
    K-RydesMommy

Comment by K-RydesMommy (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Ok I would guess he's constipated or gassy breastmilk is best. Even though it may seem he's not getting enough he probably is. She should probably do one or the other not both. I have some home things to try for colic, but she needs to take him in and make sure that's what it is. Crying is the only way he has of communicating so if he's not hungry or dirty you try the next thing he's bored or something is hurting him. I'd go to the doctor and make sure nothing is hurting him before I cure boredom. Take him in and have him checked he may have an ear infection.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Alright!! Thank you! I'm passing all of this on to her... So, once again... Thank you!
    K-RydesMommy

Comment by K-RydesMommy (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010