Opinions on Aspartame/Phenylalanine Products? (alternative sugar)

Have you researched aspartame and or Phenylalanine?
What are your opinions about it?
Do you worry about the warnings/Dangers about it? Or do you think it is Hype?
A FEW Products: Breath mints, Soda, Cereal, Gum, Coffee Syrups, Gelatin, Jam, Jelly, Juice drinks, Alot of candy, Fat/Sugar Free Yogurt. Alot of medicine.
Phenylalanine is also found naturally in food like meats/veggies/fruits

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Health

• i have researched them - aspartame in particular after i started having weekly+ migraines... i was drinking sugar free drinks (store brand crystal light) and the migraines disappeared when i stopped drinking them. i also was having alot of hair fall out which i attributed to thyroid problems, but i don't shed hardly at all since i stopped those drinks either...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Everything in moderation............ I don't worry myself with any of it.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't trust any of them. Poison ivy is a naturally occurring substance too, but it isn't something I want to have around.

Answer by Bmat at 7:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Not in my house. The world natural is meaningless, and unregulated; uranium is natural, but you wouldn't want it in your house.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I haven't really researched it but drinks like crystal light make my family grouchy so we don't use a whole lot of sugar substitutes. I don't worry much about it though. There are all kinds of things in this world that are bad for us that most of us come into contact with and I chose to just live my life and be happy and not be paranoid about it.

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I avoid them-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010