I am due in March and my mother wanted to take a family trip to the Gulf Shores in May, would this be early for the baby to travel. I have no issue staying off the beach with the baby just the driving down there.

samantha_jo

Asked by samantha_jo at 11:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah that is to young i would wait ill your baby is 4 to 6months.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• when i was 7 months pregnant, i flew to missouri from oregon, and then me and my bf moved all of my stuff back up to oregon in a moving truck, 2000 miles.. as long as your doctor says ok, then no problem... its when you get to the 32week and beyond that they start to worry..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am flying with my daughter at the end of the month... she will be one month old. Doctor told me that travel is ok.. and personally I think its easier with a little one than a six month old...
    SarahJoy13

Answer by SarahJoy13 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No, I don't think so. We drove from GA to OH with our first when she was just 2 months old. I don't know what would be dangerous or wrong with traveling at that age. We also went from NC to OH and PA when our last was a little over 2 months old. I have to agree with SarahJoy. I think it was easier in a way with a little one than the older ones. My advice, plan your trip! We have 5 kids, took all of them on our trip to OH/PA. We filled up (gas and food) before we left, made everyone go potty. We didn't stop again until the baby had to eat (I'm nursing). When we stopped we made everyone potty, got gas and food (actually took our food with us) and had everyone run around for about 10 min. We did this the whole way up. It was the BEST trip we've ever taken with all of them.
    Just plan for it to take you quite a bit longer than you use to take lol
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• We traveled with my little guy when he was five weeks. My DH's grandpa passed away and it was a 7 hour drive. I didn't have any trouble and my doctor told me it was ok to take him. At least when they are this little they still sleep alot and the travel isn't so hard on them.
    Denise859

Answer by Denise859 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• it shouldn't be a problem. and my little one (2 months) has gone to the beach a few times (just a couple hours away from gulf shores!). we have a sun tent thingy and in may it shouldn't be too hot. as long as the baby is healthy, i don't see anything wrong with it, though don't expect to stay on the beach very long. my daughter would be okay for an hour or two.
    ariel08

Answer by ariel08 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2008