Could I be pregnant? Help.

My last period started on the 14th. Ive had sex multiple times without birth control. I last had sex on the 29th but also before that on the 25th. When should I take a pregnancy test? Im scared, Im only 16..

leolani

Asked by leolani at 8:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can take a pregnancy test as early as the first day of your missed period.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• But thats not till the middle of August, if i were to try to now, would it be possible it could be positive if I am?
    leolani

Comment by leolani (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no, it won't show positive now.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• How long will it take for my hCG levels to be high enough? Because I did the math and it seems like I had sex right around the time I should ovulate, which was dumb i guess, so if it doubles so often, when should it be that high? Sorry I'm not trying to be pushy, I'm just really scared.
    leolani

Comment by leolani (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Why did you have sex multilple times without birth control? Have you and your partner(s) discussed how you will handle an unplanned preganacy (this would be a sign that you are mature enough to handle a sexual relationship)?

Please talk to an adult that you trust, or a doctor, and learn how to protect yourself not only from pregnancy, but from a fatal disease.

Stop behaving like an idiot

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes, we have talked about it. I'm not trying to be an idiot. I just made a mistake. That I really regret now.
    leolani

Comment by leolani (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• rkoloms... that was rude to call her an idiot... shes just a young girl looking for answers.....so many of us have made the same mistakes when we were that young.............there are some that should know better and still make mistakes.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Thank you Cochise. I'm not an idiot. I've just made some mistakes. Most likely half these people have had pregnancy scares at 16, atleast if I am I'm going to take responsibility and keep me and my baby safe and give him/her the best life I can.
    leolani

Comment by leolani (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Hold your head up high................your right Leolani
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't normally say anything but at 16 you made a mistake by having sex multiple times which means you didn't make the mistake once but more than once... If you are pregnant you will have to handle your responsibilities... If you aren't then hopefully you learned a lesson because rkoloms is right, disease is much more scarey than pregnancy, to me anyway... If you end up with a disease and you aren't pregnant then you can pass that along to your baby when and if you do decide to have one... Sad world we live in really...
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010