my 2 month old screams bloody murder when anyone but me holds her , even her daddy . what should i do

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 8:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• walk out of the room
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• There's not really alot you can do. It's normal. It will pass, but until then you just have to let her cry and scream. Make sure daddy is holding her correctly and let her cry. She may prefer to be held on his chest so she can hear his heartbeat. He'll just have to experiment and ride it out.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My daughter was like that too...actuallyshe's still like that from time to time,lol. She's a mama's girl for sure. She will out grow,mom. Give dad enough time to console her before taking her back into your arms. I know he may look and feel exasperated when that happens and it probably pulls at your heart strings at the same time its frustrating. Just give it time and patience. Good Luck! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Do you have a sling, or other carrier? Wear your baby, and I promise that this won't last very long. One day, you will have a teenager who tells you to pretend that you don't know her.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• my 1st dd did it, until she went to dc. once she is exposed to constant contact w ppl in a different environment it will get her adjusted to being held by your loved ones and friends. my dd was 2 months old at the time and she was adjusted within the 1st two wks, but every baby is different so go by how she is and not by what others say how it should be! gl and bw
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My daughter was like this until she was abut 8 or 9 months old. All I can say is hang in there!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2010