What would you do?

I recently found out I was pregnant. I would really like to keep the baby. My s/o, on the other hand would prefer to have an abortion. We are young, both in college, but I think we could handle it. I am pro choice and if I had gotten pregnant at a younger age, I probably would have had an abortion. Although, I know Im not 100% ready, I know I can handle it. I know he wont leave me or anything and will ssupport me/ the child if we keep it, but I know deep down, he still wants to be young and carefree. I want to be carefree too, but the situation has arose, so we gotta deal with it one way or another. I have been on the pill since I was 16, lucky me, Im that 1 percent of error. We have also been together for almost 4 years, so its not like a random hookup type thing. What would you do? Have the abortion or keep it?
And please no lecturing about being prolife or anything like that! Thanx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Definitely keep it.

Answer by older at 8:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would keep it but that is me. I am prolife. I do believe there is a reason why your pill failed. I believe this baby was meant to be.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'd keep it. But that's me. I do not believe in abortion. I know pregnancy is a risk when you have sex and I am aware birth control can fail. But I could never kill one of my own children. I took the risk and I accept the consequences.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If I were in the shoes that you have described, I'd keep it. Finding out about an unplanned pregnancy can be scary..but its not something that sounds like you guys can't handle. Just becaus eyou have a baby..doesnt mean life is over..it just changes a little. He can still be young and carefree...now he'll have an even better reason to stay younger for longer. Congratualtions! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• We ran into that same type of situation except that he recommended adoption. We now have a beautiful 2 year old that is the light of her Daddy's life. You have to make the decision that you want and will feel comfortable dealing with later in life. I decided that no matter what I was going to raise our little girl. We were also in our later 20's and he didn't think that we would be able to give her the life that SHE deserved. I wish you luck on whatever choice that you make.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Keep it. You will not regret it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I say keep it and if you can't I would suggest trying to find a nice home for the baby. I understand that you were on the pill and that you are the 1% error or whatever but we all know the only way to ensure no babies is by having no sex.... i am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason and I must admit that this baby for sure wants to be considering it came along when you were on the pill.... It's chosen to exist.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If you are having doubts at all I definitely wouldn't do it.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010