What state are you in? Do you like living there? Would you recommend someone moving there?

DH and I have talked about moving out of TN. But we don't know where and what the cost of living would be there. We would move for his job.

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• This is a tough question. I'm in SWPA. I HATE it here, but would I recommend it? In a heartbeat. If you have a family, my area is as close to crime free as you can get. I hate small towns, I'm a big city girl, and PA is 90% small towns... I'm also not a fan of the weather here, but again, most people love it - Hot Summers & Cold White Winters...

It's not my bag, but I think it's a wonderful area for having a family.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i live in NY. its pretty interesting here.
    i also love FL.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I live in upstate NY. It wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that it snows. And i swear it is the only place that can have a blizzard on monday and be in the 80's on friday.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I want to move to TN soooo bad. Anyway, I'm in VA really close to TN and it sucks here so bad. I used to live in Charlotte, NC and things were so much less.... evil? Here, nothing is acceptable at all if you do anything or believe anything even slightly out of the "norm." People would probably have witch hunts, lynchings, etc. if they thought they could get away with it. The cost of living here is pretty low, but the area is devoid of life and, well, have you seen Wrong Turn or Deliverance? If those movies make you feel at home, move here.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• MO, and i love it here, you experience all the seasons (sometimes it sucks but for me it's good for balance) there are few quakes and no hurricanes, sometimes tornados though. pretty much everywhere you live is lower cost, and it's beautiful to drive through.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I live just outside Cleveland, Ohio.... only move here if you want to play ungodly property tax, 3% local income tax, state income tax, have a corrupt county government, an unemployment rate of probably about 13% in this devastated automotive and manufacturing region and an even more devastated real estate market. We never really recovered from the three earlier recessions... ROFL... On a bright note..... um.... Lake Erie is our diamond in the rough....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.... The diamond in the rough out there on the north coast produces LAKE EFFECT SNOW... LOTS OF IT...
    WoodWitch

• FL, love it!!! No, I wouldn't recommend anyone just picking up and moving here without a guaranteed job when you get here. Unemployment is one of the top 3 highest in the country. But if you do have a job.....low sales tax, no state income tax, the price of homes have gone down dramatically. You never have to drive more than an hour to reach a beach.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I live in Texas (Fort Worth). I really like Fort Worth. I've lived in several other parts of Texas and this is my favorite. The cost of living is pretty low here, and we haven't been hit as hard by the recession as other parts of the country. However, a lot of people don't like the weather here. We have mild winters, but really hot summers, and we can have a lot of bad storms during the spring.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I live in Missouri. A small town about 60 miles west of St. Louis. It's a great place to live, relatively good school districts, and you can get a nice place to live pretty cheap. The weather can can change fairly quickly but it's a great place to raise a family.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010