Trying this again... If I ask an anonymous question...

I guess it wasn't very clear. I wasn't asking what level I needed to be in order to answer anonymously. I already know the answer to that question and would have asked if I didn't know. lol I am not at level 16 yet and won't probably be for a long time.

What I am asking is if I ask some embarrassing question that I don't want others to associate my sn with and then the people responding have questions, how can I answer them anonymously? If I do answer will it show me as the op?? You know, where it highlights the op's answers. Or will it show my sn, but not highlight me as the op?

And yes, I know I spelled wrong before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• like i said!......it will reveal your name but will not highlight you as the original poster.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If you ask anon and answer under your SN, it shows up white like the others. You'd have to announce yourself as the OP. You can't answer any questions, including your own anon questions anonymously until level 16.
    It won't highlight your name if you answer under your SN after asking anon though.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You CAN"T. Your answer will show up with your screen name.It will be as if you were someone else answering,not highlighted

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It wont show that you are the OP if you answer your own question and the question you asked was anon. Is that what you were asking?
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If you are not at lvl 16, you Can Not answer anon, even on your own question which was asked anon. However, if you ask anon and answer it under your screen name it will not label you as the OP. It will show your SN, but will not highlight you...

Sorry, I thought I said that in my other answer.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• YOu can't it really sucks. I think if you ask anon you should be able to answer anon to that question level 16 or not. Like you siad you end up 'giving yourself away' if you try to answer peoples questions or give more details. Defeats the purpose.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Not sure what you aren't getting, but Sabrina has answered your question correctly twice.

The reason is that anon feature has been radically abused so it must be earned by all.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010