How do you feel about these services?

Eternal Earth-bound pet Rescue, and now Raptured Orphan Rescue?

Basically for a small fee, christians can ensure that their pets, or children, will be taken care of in the event they are Raptured. The pet one is actually making a profit. The Orphan one is too new.

If you believe in the rapture, are you concerned with what will happen to your pets/children once you're gone?

Do you think it's ethical for atheists to be profiting from this kind of behavior, when they know full well that they will never have to provide the service they are being paid for?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 8:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• my2.5boys

Comment by my2.5boys (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• my2.5boys

Comment by my2.5boys (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Hey, if someone is willing to be dumb enough to pay for something like that, then let them. Sure, it sounds a little on the mean side, but if someone wants it, then there is a demand for it and whoever is offering the services are just meeting the demand.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does it mean to be raptured?
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Wow.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Morg,

The Rapture is an event in the futurist interpretation of Christian eschatology, in which it is posited that all Christians will be gathered together in the air to meet Christ at his return. The primary passage used to support this idea is 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, in which Paul cites "the word of the Lord" about the return of Jesus to gather his saints.
    ...and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air.
    my2.5boys

Comment by my2.5boys (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Best laugh I've had all night. Hey if somebody wants to profit off the rapture go for it.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• wow that is crazy no, I do not believe people should be charging for these but if ppl are dumb enough to do it. I do believe in the rapture but I also believe all the children under the age of accountablity will go but that is a different debate in all. I did see right after Obama was elected a man was on youtube telling ppl the rapture was going to happen soon bc Obama was the antichrist and he said that since they were going to be raptured out they didnt need their money so they needed to send it to him, my jaw dropped I was like what a flake.
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It's not for me but people spend a lot of money on things that I never would.

If it's important to you and puts you at ease then that's your business but how do I know these people will be around after the rapture to take care of my cats, will they purposely do bad things in ensure that they will be here for them them?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Wow. The Athiests won't be able to take care of the pets anyway, because when that day comes, who knows where they'll be going. Anyone that is dumb enough to pay for that deserves to get ripped off imo.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010