Please help!!

im 36weeks pregnant. im 2 cm dialated, last night i have been having braxton contractions all night and it even woke me up from my sleep. when i woke up this morning to pee, my panties was a little wet with the smell of amonia. i want to know if i pissed on myself while i was sleeping or was it fluid? how can i tell the smell of fluid and urine? please tell me.

demelina12

Asked by demelina12 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can go to the doctor and they have a test they can do to tell you if you are leaking fluid or not.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• it was urine. amnio fluid smells sweet. urine smells of amonia. and if the contractions are steady, even 10 minutes apart and 1 min long, call your doc as you are a week or two before the earliest they would like you to deliver.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Ditto what cassie said. Amniotic fluid has a really sweet, kind of earthy smell to it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010