have a question?

when did your alls baby say there first word? My son will be 7months in one week and he hasnt said his first real word....???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard a lot of people on here saying their children were saying several words at 6 months, but I have a hard time believing it. I've heard average is to have 2 words by 12 months. Both of my kids started around 10 1/2 months I think, with words like dada and kitty, but so unclear I wasn't even really sure they were saying them. (my daughter is 10 1/2 months now, I'm 90% sure she is saying dada and meaning it, but kitty is just a guess)
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 12:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• that is still really young for a baby to try and talk i have a sister who is like my daughter and she will be 11 this month but she didnt start really using sentances until she was around 18 mos old enjoy him while he is still little u dont want to rush things hes a baby and when he is ready he will talk no worries
    blue_eyes11

Answer by blue_eyes11 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My son started to say dada at about 5 months. I know he doesnt understand what it means or associate it with his dad. Some say that he is just making noise but it is clear that he says dada... no questions about it. he also says hey... but its not really as clear as dada.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I agree, still a bit young. Our 7 month old babbles a lot. She does say mamamamama and dadadadada. I think she knows and associates it with us b/c she stops when we come to her and she does it while looking at us. But we also have 4 other kids who have constantly worked with her lol She hears a lot of talking and reading in our house. I think that does make a difference.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My son is 9 1/2 months right now & says Mama, Dada, Hey, and says my moms dogs names Lily, Indi & Ivie.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2008