How long does it take Rent-a-Center to reposess something when you don't pay the rent for it?

I would love to just go return it but we can't return it without paying off having an old repair on the screen. I have no money whatsoever.I can't pay the rent or the repair. I imagine they will start calling me in a few days when the bill doesnt get paid, but what will happen when I don't return their calls?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Between 24-72 hours in my experience.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If you don't call and make payment arrangements with them, you can expect them to be at your door the very next day to pick it up. They can be real sticklers when it comes to thier payments.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You know...all of thier stuff is insured..if somethign happened to the tv while you are renting it, it should be covered..ask about that. You shouldnt have to pay for any type of repairs.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Save yourself further charges. Turn it in, the sooner the better. When they bring up the old repair you tell them you will pay as much as you can as soon as you can. They cannot detain you. Walk away. If you can afford to send them 5 or 10 bucks a month do that. Write a letter telling them circumstances have changed and that you will pay them as much as you can, as often as you can. If you communicate with bill holders they are much more willing to work with you. They would rather get something than nothing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I didn't choose to have the insurance for the laptop when I bought it so I had to pay out of pocket to have the screen fixed.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 9:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I do not know...never rented through them.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010