WHAT ARE THE BEST BABY SHOWER GIFTS FOR A BABY GIRL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• try this
    http://www.gifts.com/occasions/baby-shower/6ohraicp
    http://www.babyshower101.com/baby_shower_gift_ideas.html
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Actually, I found that diapers were the best gift I got! I had a variety of sizes and different brands to try and I didn't have to buy diapers for a while.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think the best shower gifts that I received were: a really plush terry hooded towel (I love it & find myself wanting to wash it every day so that we can use it every night! lol), a diaper genie (a must!), a really cute diaper bag, and diapers. I personally like to buy people a basket full of a variety of things, but it just depends on how much you're looking to spend.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I LOVED the wicker basket my husbands workplace gave us. They had onsies (so cute from Walmart) for a girl, plush towel, socks, bath stuff, etc. You can never go wrong with clothes, esp little dresses. I like buying an outfit for right now and another for several months down the road. I actually usually get something for mom too, if she is still pg I get Johnsons Bedtime bath - this stuff is incredible for the last 2 months when you can't get to sleep at night. I swear by it! lol And if she's planning to nurse I get the book So That's What They're For.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Very good idea from pwfaith---- Only one person got us an outfit for the baby that was around a 6month size. He had SO MANY newborn size clothes that he never even wore most of them, but then we had to buy tons of larger size things!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If you live in a cold climate, a nice winter "snowsuit" ( whatever they are called for babies)or jacket for outside (for the size the baby will be in the colder months).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My favorite was the diapers and not the newborn but the size 2. They get there alot faster than you think. I also had a friend that made a personalized frame with my daughter's name on it and a ladybug to match her room. That was my favorite and it was probably one of the cheapest but it was the most thoughtful.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• We had the same thing happen heather.huckaby. And they outgrow the newborn stuff SOOOOO fast! In addition to what Anon said, what was better for us was one of those carseat covers for the cold weather. Oh and someone gave us a personalized bib and burp cloth with our last dd. It was so cute. Surprisingly even after 4 other kids that was the first personalized thing we'd gotten like that and I LOVE it. (she did it on her sewing machine too!)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Get practical gifts! As a new mom to be, I am hoping to God my shower guests get me the practical things I really need: burp cloths, swaddlers, onesies, diapers, wipes, etc. It is tempting to buy cute clothes, but as a first time mom, I hate to admit, I'll be really upset if all I come away with are a bunch of clothes.
    Anonymous

• Layla Legs great shower gift! Come see my profile!
    kitty410

Answer by kitty410 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2008