A question for those who have had something repossed by Rent-a-Center............

What is it like when they come to your door? Are they really mean and nasty? I have no problem giving them back this laptop, I will just hand it to them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Have they called you? I use to work for them. they will call and try to collect payment first. and then ask that you bring it back... if you're not able to take it back they will come get it. Seriously, depending on how they run, you may be better returning it because they don't play with the big ticket electronics. They WILL report it stolen. If they can't get ahold of you over the phone and come out to your house, they should ask you if you want to pay the rent and keep the item or just have them take it back. They won't (shouldn't) be rude unless it's been like a month they've been trying to get their item or money from you.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If I were you, I wouldn't even give them the hassle of having to come TO you...I would just take it to them.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I "RUN" from Rent A Center & Grand Furniture & USA Discounters. I even tell my children to stay away from those companies. Good Luck!!!
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would love to take it to them and end the contract properly but they won't take it unless I pay off the old repair on the screen. And I have no money of any kind. The only option I can see is just wait until they come and get it.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 9:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'm sorry...just let it be a lesson learned to not deal with companies like RAC. I learned my lesson. I only owed like 6 months on a big screen and they came and picked up my stuff for being a little over a month late. Then when i tried to work stuff out with them they wanted all these extra charges..They are crooks.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I had someone come to my door and tell me they wanted our television. they didn't even bother to ask if I was the person they were looking for.

turns out they were looking for a previous tenant.
    MommaCassE

Answer by MommaCassE at 2:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• depends on how many times they have to come and bang at your door like any other repossession, just be nice to them and you'll be a breath of fresh air for them
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I am usually at home so they will get it the first time they knock.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 9:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• what was the repair? is it something that they had fixed on it for you? did you have the insurance to cover the item?
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010