If you had to make a choice about the type of In home daycare for your 14 month old which would you choose?

#1 - Keeps only her own kids in a lovely home one is 14 month like my DD and her daughter is a sweet 3 year old. The kids would get outdoor activities, feild trips etc. She would treat mine like one of hers SHe would be like a Nanny Very homey enviromnment. Her husband is a firefighter. She was a preschool teacher

#2 Keeps 4 boys between 12 and 24 months and one other girl part time in a more daycare like environment in her home with a schedule etc. more like big daycare. Very responsible and bussiness like 0 Used to be a director of a daycer center

They are equal in rates and both close to home and work - WHO would you choose????

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 9:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• From my experience, I think I would choose #1.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• the nanny type.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My DD is 14 months and if I had to choose I would pick #1 if I knew the lady was trustworthy. It's all based on how you feel when you meet the person.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I Like her enough that I would hang out with her, she is sweet but not overly gratuitous and clearly does a great job with her kids
    chefronswife

Comment by chefronswife (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• What would happen if her kids were sick?
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 11:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• #1 I mean.
    Kimora_neko

• considering I work in an in home daycare as an assistant, I can tell you from my experience she would have more time around older kids in your second choice...but that can be a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. My son picked up on many bad habbits from the older boys in our center. I personally if I were youw ould choose number one. More one on one time...just keep in mind that if one is sick your child will more than likely be around that child too all day which can mean that your lil one will get it. Not saying in the other daycare center she wouldn't be around sick ones, just if they are her kids she prob isn't going to send them to someone else's home for the day
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My son has been in a "in home daycare" since he was 6 months old and we are switching him into a real day care next week and he is now 25 months old. He isn't behind or slow, but he definitely isn't learning school things at the in home center. She basically babysits them. I want more of a school environment. Now in 4 year old kindergarten they are expect the kids to know a lot more than we were expected when we attended school. I don't want him to be behind then so preparing for it now is a good idea, in my opinion. :) hope this helps!
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010