How do you deal with annoying and rude people that you hep out?

Okay so my husband and i opened our home up to someone who he works with due to the person losing their home and we know how hard it is to live in a hotel. The guy gave us 300 to put towards bills and food for letting him stay with us. But now that he is here he quit working, he stays up all night long and sleeps all day long (while complaining about my 2 boys being loud who are 7 and 2). He also complains that our home is too cluttered and that I don't clean enough and wants me to completely rearrange our bathroom (we only have one bathroom). We can't kick him out due to the fact that he paid "rent" for one month, but he has only been here a week and I am losing my mind. We gave up our room for him and have been sleeping in the living room trying to be good christians, but I am really going crazy. I am 24 weeks pregnant and both my husband and I have tried talking to him but it seems to go in one ear and out the other...

mommatink83

Asked by mommatink83 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• give him his money back and tell him to go.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• look up a nice cheap hotel/motel give him the address a long with his $.
    gwen407

Answer by gwen407 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Whoa stop! You gave him your room, and he stopped working? I understand being a good christian but ma'am your pregnant. You and your husband need to both be on the same page, and talk to this person. How is he going to pay next months rent? And if he wants the place picked up better he can do it himself, you are not a maid.
    I personally would have never given up my room, and the minute he quit his job would have been and sit down and "You need to figure out what you want to do, cause your NOT staying here for FREE". He sounds lazy and that why he lost his house.
    Talk to you husband away from the house, make eye contact and tell him your worried and stress, start to cry (Dirty pool but hey whats a girl supposed to do). He might not be listening at home because he doesnt want to here about infront of another guy.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 9:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well sounds like yall got in to an arrangement with no boundaries.
    If you want money from him (even from his unemployment), want him to be gone for a few hours per day job hunting, and watch what he says about your home, put it in writing. Or have it be a verbal agreement. And you put what your part is. Is it food and board?

ALso sounds to me like you never really liked this idea, and maybe never will. Hope this helps.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:02 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yeah, you can kick him out. refund his money. if you invited him in to help him rather than out of need this shouldn't be a problem. i would just cut my losses and not worry about keeping any money for the time/expense while he was there - just think of it as good karma. be very careful about inviting people into your home especially with money exchanged... where i live that means they have established residency and would need to be legally evicted. it's your house and it's not working. at this point it's too late to say what ground rules should have been laid down or discuss expectations about privacy and behavior on both parts. living in a hotel isn't that bad... someone cleans up after you and you come and go as you please, etc. much more convenient than disrupting or dealing with a family.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree with a pp, give him that money back and ask him to leave. Please tell me you didn't sign anything! He could be a professional renter, going from one place to the next and never paying! I'd have to ask him to leave, you don't need the stress.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010