What is the most memorable prayer you've ever had answered?

Have you ever had anything happen where there didn't seem to be any way for things to work out, but through prayer you saw it happen? I'm sure it can always be explained away by coincidence in some peoples' eyes, but you know it was because of prayer.

crystalhuskey

Asked by crystalhuskey at 9:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My daughter.lesbians

bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• my husbands salvation
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My child.
    Just when I was about to give up hope.
    after years...and years of attempts..(9 to be exact)
    By serendipity my husband was doing work at a doctors house and his wife had symptoms like I did.
    He told my husband to have me come in as a new patient.
    He diagnosed me with PCOS, placed me on meds, and 29 days later, I was pregnant.
    Thank you GOD!!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 9:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My eyes. I have a very rare eye disease and I need to have a cornea transplant to fix it. Felt like the end of the world when I found out, specially cause the specialists told me Im not ready for a cornea transplant yet. I work full time and I need my eye sight. I have only been at my church for about 9 months now, but this guy Nick, he came to speak to us, he has no arms and no legs. He was amazing. I went up to meet him after service and he prayed over me. By chance I found magnifying clip on glasses to wear over my glasses that next week and have continued to work since I was diagnosed in March this year. I so believe in the power of prayer....:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Being alive. I have a venal malformation in my head, and it was going to kill me. That's according to several Specialists and Surgeons, btw. The MRIs and the CAT Scans that they did showed it was pushing on my brain, and I was having debilitating headaches from it. They did an angio. on me to sort of "roadmap" it so that they could treat it to try to prolong things for me, but, for many reasons (too much to get into here), they weren't able to simply cut it out or anything like that. Well, when they did that, I went in with one of my headaches. The surgery was NOT a treatment - it was to gather more info for a treatment. I came out without the headache,and as the lead Dr said to me and dh "I just don't understand it. I've done this procedure over 200 times, and it's just not there..."

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• cont

I still have the malformation, and I still have to have a very risky surgery on it every so often (usually yrs apart though, which is good), but it's under control and it's not pushing on my brain or anything like that.

You can look at the MRI's and the Cat Scans and it shows it there (they don't add things that aren't there - they might miss something, but they don't add things), but I haven't had one of those headaches since then, and I'm alive now.

This was 14 yrs ago.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• In bootcamp. Every day I would feel like I couldn't do something and I was afraid I'd fail. I prayed so hard even though at the time I wasn't sure what my faith was. (I was going to different denominations at the chapel every Sunday lol) I made it through, and now it all makes sense. I met my husband in the Navy and am blessed with two beautiful dd's.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• After 8 miscarriages and 3 fertility specialists the idea of ever having a healthy baby was out of the question. I now have two boys both were high risk pregnancys but they both got here. And i'm thankfull everyday.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My son living for 5 years longer than the doctors said he would. At 17, he was diagnosed with End-Stage Renal Disease (total kidney failure) ... they said without a transplant, he would live about 2 years. He was 22 when he passed away.

He spent much of the last year or so in and out of the hospital in comas. The last time (a month before he died) he was in a coma bad enough that they called us at 3am to tell us we needed to come to the hospital. Within a day or two, he was awake and transfered out of ICU into a private room. Two weeks later he was home. He was home a week when he died. We got to spend the last week with him here at home instead of stuck in a hospital.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• This one always floors me when I think of it. When hubby and I were seperated several years ago, I had begun to feel lonely and ready to form some new friendships. I prayed for God to send me a friend. A few nights later my estranged husband called and wanted to just talk. We had been civil at times, at other times barely able to communicate, but lacking warmth of any kind toward each other. We started to talk on the phone every night as "friends" after the girls were in bed. We reconciled several months later and he came back home. God's place in our marriage has made all of the difference!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010