Rolling over in bed

My 4 month old has discovered rolling over from back to front in his bed. However, he hasn't figured out how to roll back onto his back. He now wakes up numerous times at night screaming because he doesn't like to be on his belly. We have to go and roll him back to his back and by then sometimes he is so upset that he needs to be fed to calm down. Do you have any suggestions for me until he has figured out how to roll from front to back? We are working on tummy time during the day.

bbchic

Asked by bbchic at 9:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think there is anything you can do but wait it out. Those devices they sell to keep babies on their back won't work because he'll still roll over and then might get stuck. It was a long week and a half with my youngest until she figured out how to flip herself back over. I can't count how many times I had to get up and flip her back.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• have you tried a sleep positioner so that he can't roll?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• my daughter does the same thing and she just flips over the sleep positioner so it didnt work for us! we just had to wait it out it took about a week and she could go the other way too! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My son did the same thing for about 3 weeks before he could roll back.... which was horrible for us because he was 2 months old... sleep positioner didn't work for us.... He'd just take it with him.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• get a sleep wedge they wrk great
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010