Has anyone went 5 months or more without a period?

It has been 7 months since I had a period. My last period was in March 08. I had a baby via emergency c-section 9/20/07. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. And if so did you have any other symptoms that accompanied it? I have had increased anxiety as well as Bowel issues acne and loss of sex drive and alot of hip pain.

Anangelsmommy7

Asked by Anangelsmommy7 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

• Also, my doc told me that you should have at least 4 periods in a year to stay healthy, in less of course you're on the birth control that makes you not have them. So yeah, like I said, go see your doc. It could affect your future reproductive health.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Oh yeah and I know I am not pregnant!
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Go see your doc. I've missed periods, but never that many in a row, and missing that many isn't healthy. I missed periods, up to four at a time, because I wasn't ovulating, but never more than 4.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Are you nursing? i didn't have a period the whole year i nursed
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I went 2 years w/out one when I changed from the pill to nuvaring. with the ring I never had one so I would occasionally take a pregnancy test to make sure (about every three months.)
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 12:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I could be totally off the mark, but I think you should see your doctor about it and have your thyroid checked. Your symptoms sound like mine did before I got diagnosed with graves disease. I'm probably totally wrong, but you should still see your doctor. Good luck!

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I went without a period for 6 months once, after a very bad break-up. I took about 4 pregnancy tests. I went to my dr. She said nothing was wrong and it was probably stress-related. I got my period a few weeks after she told me that.
    BUT, seeing as you gave birth just a little over a year ago, it's sort of a different story. It's a good idea to see your dr. even if it's just for piece of mind. And I wouldn't worry about the c-section. I had one 8 months ago and I've been reassured over and over that I'm fully healed. Besides, I don't see how any complication with that would result in no periods.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 6:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• After one of my pregnancies I went over a year without one, nursing was the culrpit most likely. I've gone several months without one several times and for me, it's a hormone imbalance. Stress, not eating or drinking properly, thyroid, and hormone imbalance are a few reasons. You seriously need to go see your ob/gyn tho. I see a specialist because of past health problems, but he told me to never go more than 2 months without a period because it increanses my chances for endometrial (sp?) cancer so I take premetrium hormones to enduce my own period if I miss the second period.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Thanks Everyone! Just as some added info. I also am not breatfeeding. I did though untill my daughter was 4 months old and that was like Jan o8. I am going to make a appointment Monday!
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I did the hole time I was breastfeeding. I started mine after I quit breastfeeding 5 months after I gave birth
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2008