Are you okay with this? How do you feel about a faith that practices this? DISTURBING CONTENT adult content

Have you read about how many Christians are torturing their children for witchcraft?

IMO, it doesn't matter if it happens in another country where religion and the law go hand in hand. What matters is this behavior is completely unacceptable in today's world. What matters is the faith that practices this type of behavior is growing in the world. I simply find it shocking that the people of the world would accept this.
http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Congo+children+battle+witchcraft+accusations/3311675/story.html
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/07/19/africa.witchcraft.accusations/

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, this post is just filled with the good. kind, Christian spirit Christ expects us to emulate. Go Christianity Go!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yeah, but also in Africa there are a lot of Muslims killing off Christians, like in Sudan for example. Tons, and that's not just in Africa, that's in the Middle East as well. It's isn't just Christians that use this type of violence, and it's a much smaller percentage compared to the slaughter of Christians by Muslims. (Not all Muslims are violent, I completely know that, fyi)
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I just posted this a week or so ago.... It's completely deplorable behavior, but it's not something that is endorsed by most "Christian" faiths or most Christians. The burning times never really ended, they just moved - these are no different than middle ages Europe "witch trials" the big difference is that unlike the middle ages, these actions are greatly looked down on by those inside or outside the church in general and they aren't accepted... In fact at this point quite a few different charities have gotten involved and media coverage like this has shown the darkness which is taking place. You know I'm far from a fan of Christianity, but I don't believe for a second this is a decent representation of the Christian faith, the Church as a whole or Believers as a whole.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't know really. It does matter where it is because some areas of the world are not modernized. You really can't go by other country standards. The Congo also has people raiding others homes killing, raping, pillaging. That hasn't been done in centuries in America, so. I see what you are trying to say and I can empathize, however it is the Congo.

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Okay, again, would you say the same thing about Islam? Who purposely go on jihads to "kill the infidel", ie Christians? Come on, you can't judge a religion by wacko people, that's horrible logic.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Why knock off someone else's question just to play your own violin?

She is proving a point, and a good one at that.

NP I agree I love your post. This is sick and sad. It is also a lot closer to home. This happens here in our country to. There is some thing we can do about this. That does not include war are people dying.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• The articles posted in various questions today and the comments in response are why I am no longer active in any form of organized religion.

I thought religion was suppose to be a positive and inspirational element in life. Some really have missed the message-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That's terrible!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have heard of this before...there are people they call breeders that have the babies for just such things... I sure hope it is not true.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2010