What is an easy way to bake Chicken Breast?

I am wanting to bake Chicken breast, because I am on a tight budget and that's all i have in the freezer. What is a good way to bake it, without having to marinade it first

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I cut potatoes into wedges and throw them in a baking dish. I lay the chicken on top of those and put about half bottle of Italian Dressing over the top. You can also sprinkle it with parmesan cheese. Bake for about an hour or until cooked. It's REALLY GOOD!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• That's what I do. Or instead of the dressing I used a can of cream soup. And throw some frozen vegetables on top.
    rlemde

Answer by rlemde at 11:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• What if you don't have potatoes...what about just chicken breasts?
    bmvoss

Answer by bmvoss at 11:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Put the oven on 350. Place the chicken in a pan or pyrex dish with a little water, poaltry seasoning, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and drizzle with butter( this step first). cooks in about 45 minutes or longer depending on how much your making. I have a lot of chicken recipes if you need any. They're really good ones! I too am on a tight budget and had to become creative with chiken!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I could definitely use some recepes, i get chicken breasts for really cheap at my local grocery store, and so it's one things I usually have on hand.
    bmvoss

Answer by bmvoss at 11:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Cordon Bleu is DELICIOUS!!!
    Season the chicken to your taste.
    About 20-30 minutes before you have to take the chicken out of the oven,
    on each piece, put a slice of ham, tomatoe and provolone cheese.
    Then bake for 20-30 more minutes.
    YUMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 11:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Coat it in butter. Pop it into the oven at 350 * and bake.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Cut it up into bite sized pieces. Spray a little Pam on them and sprinkle your fave seasoning on it. Wrap it all up in foil. Seal all the edges and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. Always moist, never dry!

Boil it the shred it up. Add a can of enchilada sauce and spoon down the center of soft, corn tortillas. Add shredded cheese and roll up. Bake at 350 until heated through.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 12:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Is it bone-in or boneless? Skin on or skinless?

For boneless, skinless: this will tend to dry out easily so if you don't want to marinate or brine it, you will have to watch it carefully and take it out when it's just barely done. Pound it to an even thickness, drizzle with olive oil or avocado oil, season with whatever you like, and bake at 375*f.
    Or just put it in a skillet and saute it.

If it's bone-in, it's mostly likely got the skin, and that will keep it moist when cooking. Rub with oil or butter, season, and bake. Or put atop a small batch of dressing and bake. Or put atop thinly sliced potatoes, seasoned with salt & pepper and dotted with butter, and bake on a higher heat. While the chicken cooks, it will flavor the potatoes, and the potatoes will keep the chicken evenly cooking at the higher temp without flare ups. Then, you have a side dish to go with it!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Quick and Simple and my kids love it ... Shake N Bake!
    KayLeyWade

Answer by KayLeyWade at 3:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2008