Increasing milk production...

Any suggestions other than pumping more on ways to increase breastmilk production??? I can pump about 2 ounces every 2 hours or so which is plenty for her right now, but I am trying to build up a stock for when I have to go back to work!

SarahJoy13

Asked by SarahJoy13 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Trust me, The milk will come! I started pumping only a couple ounces, then my the time she was a month old, my freezer was overflowing with bags of breast milk!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 11:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Oats - works great for me. I eat oatmeal for breakfast and then made some oatmeal cookies and ate them throughout the day. I noticed a good increase over a period of about 3 days. This might also help How to increase your supply

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• fenugreek works well. mothers tea that you have to drink through out the day. the center of the pineapple i head works but haven't tried it.the best thing to remember is that 2 pumpings usually equal 1 feeding
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 1:12 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Are you feeding her those pumped ounces when you aren't away from her? If so stop! Give her only the breast and pump between nursing sessions. If she nurses every 3 hours pump at 1.5 hours. ALso try More milk plus pills they helped me get about an ounce more a day in pumping, I've always had a low output pumping. If you nurse and pump between each nursing you will have plenty of milk stored since you aren't using it. you will need to pump at work so that you don't use that supply keep that in mind. Oh and 2 oz is good for a younger baby, but an older baby will NEVER need more than 4 oz, no matter what people may tell you. BM changes with the age of the child and the nutritional value of it changes. Check out this calculator
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2008