Zoloft

I take a very low dose of Zoloft and it helps, however I feel I need a strong dose because for the past month it seems as if it isn't working as well as it could be. How do I tell my Dr that without siding like a psycho?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Health

• Just be honest with your doctor at your next visit and tell him/her that you don't think it's working like it used to. Your body could be getting used to the dosage that you are on. He/she may want to up the dosage or try a new medication. You have to let the doctor know what is going on before he/she can help you.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Just tell your doctor that you don't feel like it's working as effectively as it was. They always start off at a lower dose. I take Zoloft and I started out on 25 mg for the first 3 days, then I went to 50 mg. Now I'm at 100 and it works pretty well for the most part. Your doc won't think you're a psycho.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You wont sound like a psycho. Just tell him that you are noticing that your Zoloft is not working as well as it had in the beginning. Its VERY normal to have to up the dose some over time as your body adjusts to the chemical changes.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Doesn't he see you every so often to monitor your meds? If not, you need to schedule an appointment to discuss your medication dosages. It does seem like very so often one needs to increase the dose if it is not working for you anymore. The great thing is, you know how you can feel vs. how you are feeling right now. That's the key. It does not make you sound like a psycho, just a well informed patient.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010