My baby is four months old and within the last two weeks she has completely changed. She now SCREAMS when strangers even say HI to her and when she hears loud sounds. She even Screams when we just go to new places. I am completely confused as to where my other baby went?

Confused about my changing baby.

mommy-H

Asked by mommy-H at 1:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At about 4 months, babies can see so much more, and are extra interested in the world around them. With that comes SO much new stimulation, and all of that can be overwhelming. Also, if she's going through another growth spurt, she may be extra hungry and irritated often, which could make everything exponentially worse.
    Try easing her through transitions, and being extra easy with her when you do new things. As she grows, there will be many of these spots, and if she's extra spirited, this may just be how she adjusts to change. If you can adjust how you help her now, that could help you AND her later on.
    Best of luck!
    DeylansMama

Answer by DeylansMama at 1:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Ok, so this may sound silly, but this is a good thing. Believe me, I know how you feel right now. I was there a year ago with my oldest, and my youngest is 3 months. I know how it seems like it really sucks.
    She is becoming more aware, is what's going on. She knows when she's not home, she knows when she's not in familiar surroundings, she knows when she's around people she doesn't know. Awareness. It's a good thing.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 12:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My son used to sleep when we would go somewhere loud. Now he does everything he can to stay awake. Stanger anxiety is pretty normal between 4&6 months. My son doesn't even like his own grandpa because he doesn't seem him very often. Keep an eye on it though. You saying loud noises and bother her I heard there is an auditory disease that can actually make some noises painful to a child.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 2:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2008