How do I tell him I'm leaving...

and his son is coming with me. The father of my child, is a scary not so nice man.

Recently an amazing friend has offered to house me and my son in Tahoe, 4 hours away from my sons father...

Now I am really thinking about pickin up and going...but I KNOW his father will hunt me down.

How do I tell him Im taking his son and leaving...

NO WERE NOT TOGETHER

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• if you have this kind of fear in you about this man why tell him now? tell him later after you have moved to this new safe place and write him but write the later before you move and drop it in a mail box in town before you go. if he will hunt you down and hurt you then i think i sounds risky to have him know anything of your intention. besides your friend my not appreciate that he shows up at your new place and maybe damage her property. tell everyone you trust just in case anything happens so that they have suspect. know what i mean. be careful, very careful.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would not tell him. But go to the police and tell them because he could call them and consider it kidnapping so if you go first and tell them the situation they will already know what's going on. Just leave and write a note so he will read it when your gone.
    Anonymous

• You may want to consult a lawyer. If you have shared custody, you don't have to tell him where you live. Just meet him for his visitation time to have his son. If you feel you're in danger you have no obligation to give him your address. You didn't mention - is this out of state for you? That could be a problem. Again, check you laws and make sure you don't have any restrictions on how far you can go, or crossing state lines. You certainly don't want him charging you with kidnapping. I hope it works out for you!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• He isnt on my sons birth certificate the only reason and way he knows he is the father is due to an at home dna test.
    So he cant consider it kidnapping there is no ACTUAL proof.
    And my close friend already knows EVERYTHING...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• IN THAT CASE. LEAVE ONE DAY WHILE HE IS GONE. TAKE THE NESSACATIES, AND BOOK IT. IF THERE IS NO PROOF THEN JUST GO AND DONT TELL HIM ANYTHING. HE WILL GET THE HINT WHEN HE COMES HOME AND YOU ARENT THERE. IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT THEN YOU CAN DROP OFF A NOTE TO HIM OR LEAVE ONE THERE WHEN YOU LEAVE. IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARENT WANTING HIM AROUND YOUR SON, SO I WOULD GET A UNLISTED NUMBER TOO SHOULD YOU GET A PHONE. DONT TELL HIM OR ANYONE THAT WOULD TELL HIM ANYTHING. JUST GET GONE AND BE SAFE!
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 3:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2008