I'm married yet feel like a single mother. adult content

My hubby is in the Navy and gone all the time for a day, week or month maybe two but when he is here he is great! but when he is gone I cant get emails from him, i find everything out through the other wives days before he writes me to tell me.

When he's home we are great
But when he is to sea its like pulling teeth. I know he is working and i should be too upset.

But i've moved the family 2x out of state to be with him. I don't know anyone where we moved to and you leave and cant even write me an email once a day.. not even a hello.

It would be nice to have a conversation with someone older than 3 years old once a day other than a person working checking me out at the grocery store for two seconds that they are force to talk to me for there pay check..

IDK is it too much for me to ask for one daily email?
or am i crazy and let it go

Brittyt4you_

Asked by Brittyt4you_ at 10:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he is just concentrating extra hard on his work while he is away. Get out meet your neighbors and try to get a friend.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well, I can't speak for having a husband in the military, but when my kids were growing up, their father worked constantly. I felt like a single mom back then too. I guess I would ask myself if I would be better off living closer to family. If you are happy where you are, then I would tell you to just go on with your life as if you were a single mom for now, with the hopes that things got better later.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I know for me when I go away from my family if I call home I get so homesick I start puking... just from a phone call. I have been that way even before I had my kids. Maybe it makes him more homesick as well??

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'm perfectly content with the living situation far from our original home but I dont ask for much EVER! I think the last thing i asked for was 3 yrs go and i was pregnant for a sleeping pillow. You think an email wouldnt be that horrible to ask for because it doesnt cost anyhting
    Brittyt4you_

Comment by Brittyt4you_ (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Then you really have to make it known how you feel!! Let him know without a shadow of a doubt how much this bothers you!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't know what to tell you but my Hubby is in the navy also. He's on submarines and heaven forbid their emails ever even work. So even if he did get a chance to email everyday my chances of ever getting it are slim to none.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 10:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• That isn't the case here bc i know he is reading my emails and if he can read them then he should try to respond
    Brittyt4you_

Comment by Brittyt4you_ (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I am understanding if there is no way for him to reply to me i dotn get hurt only when he ignores me
    Brittyt4you_

• I am a single mom,,,and have been for a long time now. There is no hubby coming home, ever. Its been all on me. I know your military, but my sis was military and she really depended on the other wives when her husband was on a nuclear sub..and my parents. You cant even imagine what its like to be a single mom,,in the true sense of the word. The bills are all MY bills, there is no one else to help me with them. There is no joint account cause there is no one else and no other paycheck coming in. I realize your lonely in the fact that you feel like a single mom,,,but you can never, ever comprehend what its like to be a true single mother until you have walked there..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• True. I suppose i should have worded my title more carefully. I think what i was going for was i fell like a neglected married women
    Brittyt4you_

Comment by Brittyt4you_ (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010