baby drugs...

can i mix my 2 month olds nystatin with baby tylenol, and his vitamins?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you talking about literally mixing these things together to give them to him at one time? Or just giving them to him separately, but there in the same few minutes?

As far as literally mixing them, I don't think it's a good idea. Call a local 24 hour pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist on duty or wait until you can speak to his pediatrician about it.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• you can give bby tylenol right before you feed em and you can mix the vitimanins in with the milk and give it to em as well not sure if you should give them nystatin at the same time though.
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 1:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• ive asked this question before and my doctor told me that its def. not a good idea ever to mix especially when it comes to medicine. so i would have to say no.

MomiOn07

Answer by MomiOn07 at 2:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• YOur baby doesn't need vitamins formula or breastfed...doctors seem to think they do but the American academy of pediatrics says no so why should a doctor say yes....Genetian violet works WAY better than nystatin and nystatin can cause tummy upset....I wouldn't combine any of them.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Are you giving the Nystatin for thrush?...If so...I wouldn't mix it with anything I would give it him after he eats and Nystatin really needs to coat the mouth...I just a cotton swab to rub it in my babies mouth so it would get the cheeks and stuff
    Anonymous