Facebook for a one month old?

Is this like the new thing? Someone I know of made a facebook page for her one month old? I was like "Really?" I think its tacky. I mean really, what is the point? Anyone who would want to see pictures of the baby could just look on the parents page. The baby can't even use it and facebook will most likely not be around when the baby is old enough to use it. This person isn't friends with me but I know about the page because the mom is friends with one of my inlaws who I am friends with. This person must a have lot of time on their hands to have 2 FB up and running with a one month old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's a bit weird. The parents should post pictures of the new baby on their OWN page, not make a page for a newborn baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yea...tacky and stupid.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• That IS crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• LOL I have one for my Dog!! I needed one more 'neighbors' for an app I was playing .... so I added my dog!! Maybe that's what prompted it??

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• thats ridiculous and just asking pedophiles to come and stalk your child really? Dumb if you ask me.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Umm I dont have time for that
    soontobe5

Answer by soontobe5 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• that's crazy and tacky
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 10:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• What makes this tacky? What does tacky mean?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My niece has a FB and a Myspace for her three year old.
    A friend of mine has an FB for their dog.

Personally, I think it's lame. I guess I can see for the kid, so the family can get personal updates on them. However, I just don't like my kids being publisized like that. I have pictures of them on my FB, but never put their picture as my default and only share info on them to friends/family on my friends list. Never on my public profile.. The parts that are public anyhow.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My friend just did that for her son who is almost 3 months old.... Peronally, I would never do it...... Family and friends can look just on mine.... But, whatever floats their boat... huh? lol
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2010