Period after giving birth adult content

I had my first child almost 8 weeks ago. I stopped bleeding about 3 weeks ago for just shy of a week and then started again. I still am but now instead of being a dark rust color its bright red. I've tried researching to see if this is my period but its lasted for almost two weeks and thats def not normal for my period. Was wondering if its my period and if not when could i start. I'm strictly breastfeeding.

Nateys_Mommy

Asked by Nateys_Mommy at 10:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-13 Credits)
  • could be your period.

did you notice any clot passing before the bleeding started? a left over clot may have finally broke off and that caused the bleeding.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No there was no clot. The bright red didnt start until after my PP check up on Wed.
    Nateys_Mommy

Comment by Nateys_Mommy (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I had my 6 weeks appt got bc and then go my period the end of the month.... My friend still hasn't had her period either since having her baby... that was 9 and half weeks ago.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Have you been overdoing it, or have you started exercising or anything since your checkup? I was always told going from darker blood back to bright red was the first sign you need to take it easier.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Its probably your period. I always got my period between 4-6 weeks after giving birth, even when I was breastfeeding. Some women are just that lucky.
    lightoftheworld

Answer by lightoftheworld at 12:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i think it could be, often periods are worse/longer the first one after a baby.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• the only change ive made is going back to work. also i have no symptomms that i usually get when i have my period.
    Nateys_Mommy

Comment by Nateys_Mommy (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2010