lack of sex drive adult content

Once SO and get into it I'm fine and really get into it, but I am lacking whatever hormone/chemical creates the "i'm horny" feeling. I'm over 2 years post partum. What is that hormone/chemical called and what are some ways to get it back? I'm not necessarily over stressed or over tired. I've had those moments plenty of times before pregnancy but still felt horny.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Health

• You just have to remind yourself of the things that turn you on. You have to try different things even if you're not in the mood. Also remember to remind yourself that even though you may not be in the mood, you'll like it in the end and you both will be happier for it.

I'm like that when ever I'm on birth control. Maybe if you think that may be your problem too, try switching birth controls.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 10:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I wish I knew.. im only horny a day or so before my period.. i take birth control and paxil.. I also have 2 children and 2 step children. I still have sex every 2 days with my husband. But only half the month I have really good orgasims. The other 2 weeks they aren't there, or good.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Are you on any prescription meds? I have found that some of my meds have this side effect. Worth checking out. Good luck.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• wish i knew
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i'm on ortho tri cyclene. I've been on it before (before my son) and never had this problem
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Ortho made me have absolutely no sex drive at all!!! As soon as I got off it I was fine. You may not have had problems with it before but your hormones could have changed after your son and you are now responding to it differently. Triphasil (sp) is a lower dose of birth control and that is what worked for me.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• hmmm that's a good point newmomma14
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010