how do you help your baby sleep through the night? mine still wakes up at like 3am every night what can i do shes 7months old.

kimmie2116

Asked by kimmie2116 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Waking up once a night at 7 months is still normal.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• What do you do when she wakes up? Are you BF of FF?
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It's normal for kids to wake up at night until they are 3 or older. Human mothers have always breastfed and slept with their babies/toddlers and they wake at night to nurse. It's hard wired in babies' brains. In most places mothers still breastfeed and sleep with their babies/toddlers.

My 22 mo grandson wakes 2-3 times a night to nurse.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Five hours is considered a sleep through. The VAST majority of babies wake every 3-4 hours on average for needed feeds and/or peeing. They wake more during growth spurts, teething, and new milestones. In the first year, sleep patterns change a lot and a baby may sleep a long stretch one week during a growth spurt and the next wake frequently. All normal. Sleep patterns don't really settle into a more mature pattern until age three or four. Some babies sleep a lot in the first half of the year, but end up waking more later. There is nothing "bad" about a baby that doesn't sleep long stretches of more than four to six hours...they aren't bad sleepers as some say. They are quite normal. It's actually we adults who have forgotten how to sleep effectively because we watch the clock too much. In fact, we adults wake a night at least once even if we don't remember.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• A 7 month old who only wakes up once at 3 am? You scored! If she is sleeping 5 hours in a stretch then she IS sleeping through the night. Count your blessings!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My 1 year old still wakes up once a night, around 3am as well. In fact I know MANY moms that have children as old as 5, that still wake up once a night for water or something like that.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Have you tried seeing if you can get him back to sleep without nursing/feeding at night? He may be waking out of habit rather than hunger.

Answer by missanc at 7:58 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My daugher is 10 months and still wakes up in the night! But my son slept 12 hours a night at 3 months. Point being, every baby is different and it's considered normal for them to wake up in the night up until a year or well after for some kids. There's lots of sleep training methods that you can try such as CIO etc, it's really up to you to decide what you're comfortable with. But just know that you're not alone. Hang in there!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• They sleep more when THEY are ready. What you do doesn't matter. Yours sleeps VERY well!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• my daughter has been sleeping 8 hour stretches without eating since she was about 4 months old no problem. She also takes naps at 10, 2, and 5-6 and then goes to bed between 7-9. She just did this on her own, I decided to let her do whatever she wanted and I'd follow her flow, maybe just follow your childs flow? That is normal for that age though. My daughter is the envy of everyone so I guess I'm blessed. Good luck!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 4:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010