Cricut...

Does anyone own a cricut? I have seen it on tv and looked at ebay about this product. It seems really neat and creative. Is it worth $300?

tns11

Asked by tns11 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It's actually at walmart for cheaper but then again it doesn't come w/ all the free stuff the info-mercials have. I wanted to get one but I gotta save up and get what I really need at the moment. Let me know what you find out okay
    SpanishmixMami

Answer by SpanishmixMami at 11:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have one and it's awesome -- but I bought it at a local craft store for $159 -- it came with the George cartridge and cutting mat. I don't know what all the accessories are with the $300 package, but the basics are great. I've bought a couple more cartridges, and have traded cartridges with friends too. It's pretty sweet.
    Mom2GnT

Answer by Mom2GnT at 8:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have both the expression and the original cricut...I love it...I can't imagine scrapbooking without it. Shop around...don't order through the infomercial... www.hallmarkscrapbook.com has good prices as well as ebay.
    Pam
    momtojason

Answer by momtojason at 2:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My DH bought the Cricut for me for Christmas 2006, I absolutely love it! It came with the George cartridge and I have since bought the Jasmine cartridge...wish I could afford to buy more, but, food and electricity are more important right now! DH picked mine up at Wal-mart for $129! We think it was mis-labeled because Michaeals had the same deal for $200 something! A hint I picked up, that works great, use baby wipes on the cutting mat after cutting, they wipe away all the lint from the paper and keep it tacky...really cuts down on the cost of having to buy new cutting mats.
    grovelady

Answer by grovelady at 1:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have the "baby bug" Cricut and absolutely love it! I cannot imagine scrapbooking or card making without it! There is just no end to the things you can create with the right cartridge. Ebay is a great place to buy cartridges. I have never paid full price for any of mine. Michaels runs the cartridges on sale occasionally. There is a website called "ohmycrafts" (not sure if it's a .com or .net) but they have good sales too. Right now their cricut is $159. Also, to "grovelady" -- thanks for the tip about wiping down the cutting mats! I will definitely try that!
    kcleary

Answer by kcleary at 1:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Thanks all!
    tns11

Answer by tns11 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• ive had mine for two years, and its paid for itself, ten fold. i use it everyday, and you dont need to buy the expression, the classic is just as good, and well worth it. Watch the sales coming up, especially the day after thanksgiving.. they ALWAYS go on sale at Michaels and Hobby Lobby.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• The reviews I've seen are worth it and Walmart is going to sell it in their Black Friday event. You get the Expression(new model) for the price of the old model so its a pretty sweet deal. I know i'm going to be up at 5 am to run through the store and grab one. I've wanted it for 3 years. My grandparents are going to get it for me for Christmas.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2008