My school age son still pees his pants! What can I do?

My son turns 7 next month yet he still wets his pants frequently. The laundry hamper smells of urine so if I dont catch that he is wet he will go all day foul. When I took him to the dr she said it's not physical but may be stress! A psycoligist stated he is a child whith high test levels of hyperactivity and add but still in the normal ranges. His underware has skid marks. He peed on the shower curtain and the garbage can claiming he missed. I make him scrub the bathroom floor when I catch him with these disgusting actions. How do I teach a kid basic hygene!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• its gonna sound gross but, i had a friend who's kid had the same problem, and he'd poop himself too. when she started making him clean the mess and the undies, it stopped.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Maybe you need to try the rewards chart, Obviously he won't be interested in stickers, but what if the stickers had meaning? Like if he recieves 10 stickers then he gets _____. Otherwise, I'd watch the fuilds he's taking in. Only give milk and juice at mealtimes and only water in between.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2008